Friday, January 3, 2014

December 2013 at an Instagram Glance

I feel as though I blinked and December was over. It is definitely my favorite time of year, we have been blasting Christmas tunes since before Thanksgiving in our house and cars. I feel so sad that I have not done an Instagram Glance post since the summer too so here is a look back at my December, it also makes me sad that the holiday season is over. My husband literally took down the lights and our tree on New Year's Day and I instantly felt a void in my heart.

The biggest hit around our house this month was the Elf on a Shelf. I got the Elf last year and my oldest named him Kobe (after none other than Kobe Bryant of course). Pinterest made it so that the boys were loving Kobe this year. The best part was that I thought my husband thought I was so silly for doing this but he totally surprised me. The second day I was supposed to move the Elf I completely forgot  I was so tired that night I thought I would just move him before I left for work but I was running late and realized it when I was halfway to work. But when I got home he had moved, I just love my hubby I think it was the sweetest most unexpected surprise ever. Enjoy my December with me.

Kobe wasted my printer ink...

Got captured by an army of army men...

He found the only "girl" toy in the house and took a bubble bath with Wonder Woman.

Then he captured some bad guys and became Super Kobe (I made the cape and eye mask out of felt)...

And he ziplined to the Christmas tree on a pipe cleaner candy cane.


In December we also purchased annual passes for Disneyland again, this was our first visit to Cars Land, the boys loved it and Radiator Springs Racers was awesome!

We also took our Godson for his first trip to Disneyland, the boys had so much fun getting on rides together.
This month we also finally got a mantle, I will have to do a post on that soon. We gave the fireplace a facelift last year and I was super bummed we didn't have a mantle in time to hang stockings but this year we barely made it (my dad hung it the Sunday before Christmas) I still have to seal it but I wasn't going to let that stop me from hanging stockings this year.
 
Kobe also switched out those stockings for socks the very next day, sneaky little guy!
Here is a picture of my love and I on Christmas Eve at one of our 4 (yes I said 4) stops. We have a huge family :)
 And lastly a picture I snapped of my little guy sound asleep and so peaceful one morning.
 
It was a great December and so far January isn't looking too bad either!

No comments:

Post a Comment