Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spice up Your Life!!!

Side note- I am not listening to the Spice Girls as I write this post, despite what the name of the post might lead you to believe!

So I have had zero time to myself lately with the stresses of moving into a home that is endlessly under construction. So I am writing this at 11 o'clock at night (the only time I seem to have more than 10 minutes to myself these days).

But I digress...so a while ago I mentioned that I had purchased spice jars (you can read all about that here), well I labeled them and had them all dressed up with no where to go. The pantry is on the other side of the kitchen from my stove top and I really didn't want them taking up half of one of my shelves either...

Enter a small thin cabinet on the left side of the stove:


Originally I thought I would use this for cutting boards and baking sheets, until I bought the spice jars and went on a trip to Lowe's where I saw this:


It is a slide out spice rack (I guess you could use it for other stuff too), this is the link where you can find it online. So I bought it only having measured the door of the cabinet and not the actual opening. When my dad came to help me install it we realized the opening was too small so I returned it thinking that I could find something else that would fit locally or online. When that didn't happen I bought it AGAIN and dear ol' dad came over for round two.


Here it is before installation (that is my dad's hand, he totally called me a wierdo for taking a picture at that moment haha).

So because the opening was not big enough my dad did have to cut one side of the opening down, it didn't come out as nice a cut as I had hoped but when the door is closed you can't even really tell. Also we are going to re-do the kitchen and put all new cabinets or have new doors made so I figure the next door will just be a little bigger to cover that ;)

Here it is fully extended

Seriously is it sad that the look of the spices when I reach for some when I am cooking makes my heart happy?? Don't tell me if it is!

And a side view, it is really pretty spacious and the shelves are adjustable which is a bonus, overall I just love it and am so glad it all worked out in the end!


Let me also take a minute to say how truly blessed my husband and I are to have the most amazing families that have been helping us tremendously with all our renovations (and are going to continue to help in the future!) I am so grateful to have them all in our life and don't know what I would do without them!!

I have a very busy couple of days ahead of me and weekend as well as we will be having a little get together to celebrate my brother getting married (more details to follow in future posts!)

Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment