Friday, April 9, 2010

BBQ, Remodeling, Sephora and Boogers!

So sadly, it has been a long time since I have blogged. I wanted to do a lot of blogging this week since I was off but that didn't happen and there is an explanation of my week (in picture form) below...


It all started with Monday when my hubby (aka the crock) was off from work and decided to purchase a new medicine cabinet and vanity for our bathroom (something we have been wanting to do for a while now). He installed the medicine cabinet and later his dad came over to finish hooking up the sink and now our a bathroom looks something like this:

I love the color (because I am obsessed with black furniture mostly). But we aren't done yet. We are getting a new toilet and a storage unit for over the toilet and then we are going to re-glaze the tub and I am also thinking that the light fixture also needs to be replaced. So it's a work in progress. There is also construction going on now as we speak in my house because we are putting an opening in the wall that divides our kitchen and living room to be able to put in a breakfast bar to make more space in our tiny kitchen. I had a picture of what my wall looked like with its guts all exposed but decided against inserting it here.



Tuesday:
A couple of years ago I begged and begged my crocky to buy me a BBQ. He was very hesitant because he said I would never use it (sadly he was more right than wrong). So this spring and summer I have made it my mission to use it more often and this was the first use of the season. We invited my in-laws over (because they always invite us over for BBQ's). I made a lot of stuff, potato salad, burgers, hot dogs and my favorite bacon wrapped asparagus yum!! But the only thing I took a picture of was my deviled eggs...



I wanted to take more, but I didn't want my in-laws thinking I'm weirder than I already am :). Also there were 5 eggs in this photo but one disappeared right as the camera flashed...odd. I got the recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee and foodnetwork.com, I have been obsessed with these since I made them (I think I've made them like 4 times in the last week (probably not the best thing as far as cholesterol is concerned!). I'm actually getting a craving as we speak...

Now for yesterday (Thursday):

I went to Sephora for a VIB (Very Important Beauty) event and did some shopping. It's great to get out and do girly things, since I am surrounded by boys). So I picked up a couple of things because I had a 15% off coupon. First was the Clinique all about eye serum:


It has a roller ball applicator and is supposed to reduce puffiness and dark circles and the guy at Sephora just raved about it so I thought it was finally time to treat myself. I also got the OPI for Sephora Modern Flower mini collection of nail polishes:


Here are the colors from left to right: Handpicked for me, It's bouquet with me, Iris I was thinner and Leaf him at the altar. I have recently become obsessed with mini nail polishes because I have NEVER used up an entire bottle and I also have trouble choosing one color or two from a collection where I like 3 or 4 or 5. This is another mini collection that I purchased a while back from the OPI Spain collection:


From left to right they are: a mini Rapi-Dry top coat, Pink Flamenco, No Spain No Gain and Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees (my favorite)!. I think these mini nail polishes are the way to go for me :).

I also redeemed some points for this set:

It is an Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders mini set. It comes with truth serum collagen booster, invigotating night gel and sheer transformation. The girls just raved about this product so I decided to give it a go. I really need all the help I can get in the skincare department and I also like that these containers are refillable.

Now my Friday (today):

Last night was rough because my baby (7 months old) had a stuffy nose and kept waking up crying because he couldn't breathe. A long time ago when my oldest was around one he was very sick and stuffed up so his doctor recommended using saline drops, well he had none of that being squirted up his nose! So i recently was thrilled to discover these gems:



They are boogie wipes and I bought them at Sams Club, they came in a three pack. They are like wipies but they are soaked in saline solution instead of water. I have already used about 5 of them and it's 11 a.m. right now and he is actually a little less stuffed up than he was last night so I am quite pleased. Hopefully he will be better by tonight!

Well have a happy weekend and cross your fingers for me that my construction goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment