Monday, April 19, 2010

Perfume and Parties...

I just realized how literal the names of all my blogs have been... At any rate, a while back (about 6 months to be exact) I purchased a deluxe fragrance sampler at sephora. Basically you pay $50 or so and you get 12 sample sized of various perfumes and you get a card that you trade in for a bottle of your favorite of the 12 once you have tried them all.



The scents that were included in this particular sampler are:

Aquolina - Pink Sugar / Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist / Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy / Prada - Infusion D'Iris / Dior - Addict 2 / Emilio Pucci - Vivara Variazioni Acqua 330 / Kenzo - Flowerbykenzo / Stella McCartney - Stella Nude / Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue / Harajuku Lovers - G / Michael Kors - Very hollywood / Versace - Bright Crystal

I actually liked quite a few of the fragrances (hence the reason why I barely made a selection 6 months later!), I really love Very Hollywood, Bright Crystal and Pink Sugar, I also sort of like G. Eventually I decided to get Pink Sugar.

The reason you ask? Well of those previously mentioned this one gave me the most bang (more specifically perfume) for my buck. With the majority of the perfumes I would be getting a 1oz. bottle and with pink sugar I got a 3.4 oz. bottle so there you go I admit it, I can be a bit frugal sometimes :)

I do however plan on buying Very Hollywood and Bright Crystal as well sometime in the near future. I also absolutely love Issey Miyake's L'Eau d'Isssey it is so fresh and amazing I got a sample of it and plan on purchasing it (once I am receiving a steady paycheck), I haven't yet because it is a bit on the pricey side.

My oldest son is going to be 4th on May 3rd and I am so excited for him. We are going to have a birthday party for him at our house and then we plan on taking him to Disneyland later that month as well. We call him The Boogs (or booger, boogies, sometimes even booger bear, we are a family that is big on nicknames) because when he was a baby he constantly had boogers in his nose. When he was 2 we or my family would ask him, why do they call you the boogs? And he would reply "because I have booger in-a my nose."

But I'm getting off topic, so because we are having his party in a couple of weeks I could not pass up these great bowls for salsas and things of that nature when I saw them at Bed Bath & Beyond. They were $1.99 and I heart them :)




I honestly love them so much I had to take pictures from 2 angles....I am such a dork.
Lastly for your viewing pleasure here is a photo of The Boogs and I leaving the swap meet yesterday afternoon.



He said we were twins because we both had glasses on :)
And here we are being silly...





No comments:

Post a Comment